Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Let it rain. Let it rain. Let it rain. Seriously, I don't care if it rains like this for seven days straight. It's such a nice change of pace. There's something about endless summer weather that really starts to get to me. Especially when you have to run the air conditioning incessantly and keep the blinds closed to keep the sun from heating the place up. I'll take a good thunderstorm any day.

Then there's the cabin-like feeling of turning on warm lights on a dark day. It makes me want to read a novel or write a song. Maybe start my own book-in-progress. Creativity flows. It's not stagnated by shorts and t-shirts. Wearing long pants seems to do wonders for ideas.

I took an umbrella on my morning appointment today. It's been a long time since I've done that. It was nice. It made me feel important. I'm protecting my head from the skies because, at least today, it is full of ideas. We're operating on all cylinders baby.

6 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

idea pants = very nice.

I totally agree with you. There's something very comforting about a rainy day. Mostly i think that it makes it absolutely ok to just chill inside and not feel like you're "wasting" anything.

Hail's even better. Unless you get hit by it. Then it makes me sad.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Todd Norem said...

Yeah, damn you sunshine. Seriously. I have a headache today and I'm blaming it on the closest star I can find.

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Ian likes to snuggle with Huis on rainy days.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Lord of the Barnyard said...

damn you rain! i'm trying to make some hay here.

everyone want's a snuggle with a huis.

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they should make talking snuggle huis dolls:

"oh, hey."
"arrright."
"whuut?!"
"i like the stooones."
"oh, can i get a rum and coke?"
"ohhhh nooo"
"HUISENGA!!"

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Lord of the Barnyard said...

wow, that fully encapsulated a 20 minute conversation that you had with huis in my head, minus your words, ian.

somehow you ended up talking about the facial hair on billy goats, but his responses were still spot on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home