Thursday, November 02, 2006

NaNoWriMo

So this blogger fancies himself a novelist. Well no, not really. But I did write an album in a month a couple years ago through February Album Writing Month. That was a spin off of National Novel Writing Month, which started yesterday and lasts until the end of November. So yeah, I'm going to try to write a novel in a month.

Much like this blog post, most of my novel (okay...memoir) will be written very quickly with very little editing. The goal is to get the ideas out and reach the 50,000 word goal, which is approximately 175 pages. I have an outline and ideas. Last night I wrote the first chapter and a half.

I'll be posting excerpts on here from time to time. Keep in mind that the writing is very rough.

Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're nuts

 
At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You talked me into it Todd. I signed up the other night too. The only difference is I have done absolutely no preparation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home