Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Weasel


I had a roommate my freshman year in college named Bryce. And he totally fit the name. What a little weasel. We hated each other. I'd leave to go out and the Scorpions would rise in volume with each step I took down the hall. He blew out my speakers twice in the first two months.

He ate my food, and lied about it. Stole my liquor. Never left the room at all when I had my girlfriend over.

I came home one night drunk and turned on some music (very quietly) and sat up in my lofted bed to listen to it as I went to sleep. "Turn that off" the little weasel Bryce cried, "Turn off that noise".

"Go ahead and turn it off..it's right next to your bed", I said

But the little weasel Bryce kept whining that I should get up and turn it off. "you turned it on" he said.

"But it's bothering you..and it's right next to your bed" I said to the little weasel Bryce.

Finally I freaked out on the little weasel and told him I was going to get out of bed and kick his ass. I started shaking the top bed like I was coming down for him.

Pretty uncharacteristic for me, but he finally reached over and turned off the radio.

The next week the weasel Bryce moved out.

3 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. Yes. Yes Todd. This is what you should be writing. I've wanted all these roommate/job/college stories of yours in writing forever.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Todd Norem said...

Thanks. I'm going to try writing short memoir type pieces. Probably one a week.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Lord of the Barnyard said...

you need to meet boatloads of people and get them to read your blog so thats they can imagine properly you telling these stories.

i have a bad memory and mis-remembered the name of your blog to be between the margins dot blogspot dot com. but it wasn't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home